Thursday, May 1, 2014

April 2014 - Favorites and Empties

I was really surprised with the amount of items I had used this month.  I've been using some consistently, therefore, resulting in empties.  Here are my faves and empties for the month.



  1. Tone Bodywash in Daily Detox - contains white clay, jasmine extract and Vitamin E, lathers up really well, leaving my skin moisturized for hours and it smells wonderful.
  2. Herbal Essence Naked Shine Shampoo/Conditioner - Contains 0% Sulfate and Silicon, very light and refreshing leaving my hair feeling clean and smelling amazing. I only wash my hair twice a week and this new Naked line really helps remove all the dirt and gunk my hair has from using different hair styling products.  
  3. Herbal Essence Curl Scrunching Gel - great for holding curls without leaving your hair frizzy.  I have wavy hair but I curl it and apply this gel to have my curls last longer.  It's non-sticky and doesn't leave your hair feeling hard/sticky as with most gels.  
  4. VS Hello Darling body lotion - smells of white nectarine and peony, it is ultra-moisturizing and contains Vitamin E and C, grapeseed extracts and aloe.  It leaves my skin soft and moisturized. 
  5. VS Body Scrub in Pure Seduction - This is one of my all time favorite VS scents.  It smells of red plum and sweet freesia (whatever that is).  It's very flirty and floral and the scrub is amazing!  It just smells so good I want to eat it!  I use this to exfoliate pretty much my whole body... I just love how soft and smooth my skin feels after I use this.  Sometimes I don't even apply lotion because the scrub leaves my skin feeling so moisturized! 
  6. Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineralized Pressed Powder in Tan - I've found my HG mineral foundation!  This glides on smoothly, leaving my skin looking flawless.  Best of all, it is formulated to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines!!  And if you have oily skin, this will control the oils and leave a matte finish.  It is very light and at times I forget I even have powder on my face.  It just looks so natural.  
  7. NYX Love in Rio Eyeshadow Palette - I believe I received this in one of my monthly Ipsy bags but ever since I got it, I've been using it daily.  Perfect trio of colors to create a natural look for work or everyday wear.  The shadows are pigmented and are easy to blend.  Best of all, they are very affordable.  I've seen them at my local drugstore for less than $5. 
  8. Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Summertime - Another item from my Ipsy subscription.  It is a bit too dark for me but I've been using this to contour.  It is a matte finish and applies smoothly to the face. 
  9. Tarte Lights, Camera, Action Mascara - great mascara to lengthen your lashes.  Not much volume but leaves my lashes looking really long.  
  10. NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee - a fellow blogger (RockMeBeautiful) introduced me to this item and I absolutely love it.  It is so glossy, leaving your lips moisturized and you're not left with sticky lips.  The color is very natural, more like a clear gloss so this will definitely be great to apply over your favorite lipsticks.  I plan on purchasing more colors. 
  11. MAC Studio Sculp Concealer in NW30 - great coverage for under eye darkness and to cover up my acne scars.  You can never go wrong with MAC concealers. 
  12. MAC Spaced Out Blush - my all time favorite blush during the Spring/Summer season.  I'm so sad it's empty and it was LE.  It's the perfect peachy-pink with a bit of shimmer.  On the hunt to find a dupe!
  13. POP Coral Crush Lip Crayon - The perfect coral lip crayon ever!  At first, I wasn't a fan of lip crayons but they are honestly very pigmented and moisturizing for your lips.  This one is my current go-to lip product. 
  14. Sephora Kohl Liner in Infinite Beige - great for your waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.  
  15. Kat Von D Liner in Trooper - My HG eye liner.  It has the perfect felt tip applicator, making your eyeliner apply smoothly and looking perfect! 

WOW! That's a long list.  

What are some of your favorite products for the month?  
Please feel free to share with me.  I always enjoy reading other peoples monthly favorites. 

1 comment:

GorJess23 said...

CYN!!!Missed you oh so much on here!! I've been wanting to get the Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner.. Heard a lot of good stuff about it!! Anyway... I'm back and this time I'll be back for a while!