Monday, March 26, 2012

DIY - Nail Polish Rack

I've accumilated quite a few nail polishes over the years and after seeing many posts on nail polish racks I figure why not make one myself.  So the bf and I headed to Lowe's on Sunday morning and picked up the necessary items.  We purchased the pre-cut wood, small nails, primer for spray paint, and a spray paint bottle in the color pink.  We spent less than $20!!!  Now that's a bargain. 

Step 1: Get all your pieces together, measure them to your liking.  I wanted 4 shelves to fit my polishes and the bottom one to fit hand lotions, acetone, cotton balls, and other misc. items.

Step 2:  Once you've taken your measurements, place the nails and secure.  

Step 3: All done nailing and assembling the nail polish rack. 

Step 4:  Spray paint or paint to your liking. 

Step 5: Set up a location where you want your rack to be placed.  Mine is on top of my vanity.

Closer look of my polishes.

This was fairly easy to build.  There are plenty of youtube videos that show you step by step how to make one and what tools you need but most that I saw were using cardboard and gluing the pieces together.  That doesn't seem long lasting to me so I wanted to use wood.  Hope you guys found this a bit helpful and if you are looking into purchasing a nail polish rack, don't even bother... just make your own.  I guarantee that you will like it 10x better and enjoy building it and seeing the final results.  


TOOTLES.

9 comments:

Marie said...

It looks great for $20! Thanks for sharing.:D


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Miss Tapia said...

I've been wanting to make one for a while now since my daughter broke my last one. Yours came out cute and you can't beat that price!

lasophia said...

This looks like a piece of art! Im glad you nailed it, it makes me nervous when people glue theirs.

Sophia
http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

cute i did my own using poster bord

Monica said...

This is great! I want to make one so bad!

Anonymous said...

Now i reaaaaallly wanna make one of these!!! But i think i will wait until my collections builds up just a bit more! :) love the blog by the way!

lovelyxobsessions said...

Really want to try this!

Love your blog btw followed!! (:

www.lovelyxobsessions.blogspot.com

Wifezilla Hekela said...

HIGH FIVE! You both did that! I love it! I might have to ask my husband to make me one too :) Thanks for sharing!

Hippoleetoe said...

Love!!! I need to tap into my inner craftsman lol