Step 1: Prepare your hands by washing them with soap and water. If you have a nail scrub, use that to clean up any dirt underneath the nails. I usually use a humid paper towel and clean under the nail. Then let your nails soak in warm water for about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Cuticle care - If you have a cuticle remover such as Sally Hansen's Gel Cuticle Remover, apply that to your cuticles and leave for a minute then gently push back your cuticle with a cuticle pusher. Also, you can trim an excess cuticle around the nail by using a cuticle clipper. This can be a bit dangerous if you don't know how to use it properly. I've cut myself a couple of times and it's no fun.
Step 3: Now its time to shape your nail by using a nail clipper to cut your nails to your preferred length. Then use a nail file to get it shaped the way you want. Try not to file back and forth but instead file from the edge of the nail to the tip. This will avoid breakage.
Step 4: Time to buff and/or polish. I use a soft nail buffer to go over every nail and make it smooth so the polish can look neat. I then apply my Base Coat, polish, and Top Coat then let it dry.
Step 5: Finally, after your nails are all dry, apply a pea-size amount of Neutrogena hand cream and rub all over hands and fingernails. And viola! Your hands should feel and look amazing!
Review of Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
Neutrogena has always been a trusted brand for me and this Norwegian Formula hand cream does not disappoint.
Here are some details:
- Just one dab repairs 7 signs of damage which includes dryness, chapping, splitting nails, dry cuticles, scaliness and roughness
- This is the first hand cream with glycerin-rich formula to maintain healthy hands, nails and even lips!
- Keeps manicured hands looking beautiful
- 2oz product will last you for 200 uses
- Available in Original and Fragrance-Free
- Retails at $4.99 and can be found at any drug store such as Target, Walmart or Walgreens.
Have any of you tried this hand cream before? If so, what are your thoughts?
Disclosure: I am a BzzAgent and I received this product for free to provide you with my personal opinion.