Thursday, November 1, 2012

Influenster - Beauty Bloggers VoxBox

After months and months of trying to figure out how to work Influenster, I received an email that I was picked for a box!  

I was ecstatic!

Influenster Goodies!!!
KISS Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit
I love wearing false lashes to spice up my eyes.  These lashes are really natural looking.  The glue is also great.  No messy-ness or extra glue coming out of the tube, just one swipe of glue and you are good to go.  Also, the lash applicator tool was amazing!  I usually use tweezers to apply  my false lashes but this thing was so easy to use.  Overall this was a great product and I will definitely be purchasing more of the Kiss lashes. Check out a future blog post wearing these babies!

I've never heard of this product before but was really excited to try this since my hair is naturally dry and frizzy.  This stuff smells amazing and when you apply it, it goes on smooth and doesn't leave your hand or hair with that sticky-ness feeling.  I absolutely love this for my hair and would love to try out the rest of the Not Your Mother's product line.  

These Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins are quite unique.  I've seen them in the stores before but never really understood the concept of them.  I always thought they would come flying off your hair within seconds of applying them.  I have choppy hair but thought I'd give these a try.  Honestly, I wasn't much of a fan.  First of all, I don't have a lot of hair.  My hair falls out like crazy so these didn't grasp very well.  Second, they felt loose when I did a bun.  Maybe I'm not applying them correctly but I just wasn't a fan. 

The NYC eye palette I've seen these at Rite Aid but for some reason they never really caught my attention.  I got the smokey eye palette and comes with 4 e/s and a Primer and an Illuminator.  The shadows are really pigmented and apply smoothly.  I have really oily eyelids so unfortunately, the primer didn't work out for me on its own.  I had to apply my UDD Primer Potion first, then the NYC primer to make my shadows last.  The Illuminator is great!  I apply this on the inner corner of my eyes and to highlight my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose.  I'll be posting a couple of looks with this palette so stay tuned.

 
Bath and Body Works never seems to disappoint when it comes to the seasonal smells.  I received the Pumpkin Cake candle and it smells amazing!!!  I also got a $10 off coupon which I ended up using to buy a big size candle.  I love this smell... definitely brings you to the spirit of Fall.

Last but not least and not individually pictured, the e-Boost.  I've never heard of this brand before but it is suppose to be a daily healthy booster that provides you with energy and immunity.  It has no artificial flavors, no sugar, and is only 5 calories!  I took this around 3pm as a pick me upper and I felt energized the rest of the day.  The only thing I wasn't too happy about was the taste.  I got the orange flavor and it tasted like powdered medicine.  Not so great but I've heard that others liked it.  


I will be posting up individual reviews on some of the products so keep a look out.  


Did any of you receive an Influester box?  What were your favorite products?


TOOTLES!

3 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

I am SO jealous!! Thank you for the honest review on the curly bobby pins--I've always considered them but was worried they wouldn't hold. Sigh, now I have to go buy a pumpkin candle lol! Great review :) I have to jump on this box!

xo
Ash
http://www.kaleidoscopewishes.com

GorJess23 said...

I'm JELLY!! You got a lot of goodies!! I've gotten 2 influenster boxes and they have both been great!!

Unknown said...

@Ashley - You must get a pumpkin candle for the fall. It smells so yummy!

@GorJess - I got into Influenster bc of you! You might get picked next time so don't worry.