Friday, April 20, 2012

Couponing: Groceries


Hello my fellow bloggers and readers, 

A few weeks ago (or months) I mentioned that I started couponing.  Well, to be exact I began couponing at the end of January 2012 because one of my New Years resolution was to save.  It has been 3 months since I've been couponing and I must say that I've accumilated a lot of goodies (stock piling baby!).  However, I live in a 290sq ft studio apartment so stock piling is not very beneficial for me as I don't have enough space for everything.  So, I decided that beginning of May I will focus more on grocery items and less on drugstore items (deodorants, hair care, etc). 


Here are a few tips that I'd like to share with you to save you money on groceries:

  1. Set a budget - My monthly grocery shopping budget is $200 for a family of three.
  2. Get coupons!  You can get coupons through the Sunday newspaper or online websites such as coupons.com, redplum.com, smartsource.com or any other coupon database out there.
  3. Focus on one store - My go-to grocery store is Safeway but I sometimes go to Lucky's as well.
  4. Organize coupons and plan your shopping trip - I recently discovered couponmom.com and this site is extremely helpful.  She gives you grocery coupon matches and deals by state and provides detailed information on cost, what coupons to use, and the percentage of savings.  I also check out my grocery store weekly ads that come in the mail every Tuesday.  I skim through them and look at what I need to get and what are the best deals, then head over to couponmom.com and organize my shopping list and coupons.  I don't have an exact date when I go grocery shopping but it tends to be on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings. 

My most recent grocery shopping list. 


I hope this was helpful and Happy Couponing!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the info iv'e been wanting to try couponing..

Unknown said...

Hello thank you for the sweet comment. The way to post a video is below the video Click to Share, click embed, copy HTML code and paste the code in a posting..

Hippoleetoe said...

Thanks for all the info! I've been wanting to start I just didn't know how. Lol