About Me

My photo

Funny. Ambitious. Loving. Fixed in opinion and stubborn when confronted. Dreaming and planning for the future. Bookworm at heart.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MAC Style Warrior Pre-Release Party

pix courtesy of www.temptalia.com

I attended the pre-release party to the Style Warriors collection and let me tell you...I have never been to a pre-release party so I figured it wouldn't be sooo chaotic....WRONG!!!  OMG, the line wasn't long or anything but inside was a MAD HOUSE!!!!  They had 2 setups of the collection on each side and everyone was all over the place.  I swear I couldn't get around anywhere.  I did have a martini and a mojito ice tea.  Overall, it was a good experience but it was so last minute that I came unprepared.  I didn't bring a camera and I was on my work clothes looking like "caca."  


Anywho, on to the products.  After looking at the display, there are a lot of products that can be dupeable.  For example, the solor bits.  They reminded me of pigments like Muave, Gold Mode, and I forgot what other one.  So I passed on those but my bestie picked up two of them.  I'll be getting a sample from her. LOL.  The lippies were ok.  None really caught my attention.  Just the packaging.  The packaging is super cute!!!!  I mean who can resist zebra and leapard prints???  The shadows didn't catch my attention only the Vibrant Grape e/s which is a PRO item.  Tempting is already on the permanent collection, Bright Future is the yellowish gold one which reminds me of Goldmine, Soft Force is a highlighter e/s than can very much be dupeable and finally, the Night Manuevers e/s  (charcoal brown color) looked like something I already owned but I think I will be going back to get that one.  The blushers were nice.  I like them both, Eversun and On A Mission.  The nail polishes looked awesome but I refuse to pay $11 for them.  The lipglasses were ok.  None really caught my attention except for the bright purple one which is called Fierce and Fabulous.  I skipped on these.  The lipsticks were ok as well.  I only purchased one of them.  The bronzing stuff like the leg spray and lustre drops, looked great but I passed on those because I know I wouldn't be using them.  I also passed on the face bronzers since I'm already brown as can be and own the Refined Golden bronzer.  

I ended up purchasing Vibrant Grape e/s, On A Mission blush, and Brave New Bronze lipstick.  I really wanted the Golden Bronze loose powder but they were sold out!!!!  The MUA said they have that on the permanent line so I guess I'll get that next time.

On a side note, this is my personal opinion of the products that I saw today.  I really loved the packaging but I wasn't so excited when I saw them in person.  However, I will be going back and purchasing another e/s, the Golden Bronze loose powder, and maybe grab that purplish lipglass.  

If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask.  I check this baby often!!!  

No comments: