About Me

My photo

Funny. Ambitious. Loving. Fixed in opinion and stubborn when confronted. Dreaming and planning for the future. Bookworm at heart.

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Body Shop Skincare: Face Wash


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
How it works:
    • Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
    • Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
    • Menthol creates a cool fresh tingle that leaves skin feeling refreshed.
    • A non-aerosol pump transforms the liquid   
    • Price: $13
per www.bodyshop.com


My thoughts:
I’ve been using this product for a little over a month and I can honestly say that this product is great for my oily-acne prone skin.  At first, I wasn’t so sure about the foam-type cleanser because I thought that it wouldn’t really clean my face.  However, after washing my face with this product, my skin feels so clean, refreshed, and soft.  I also use the Rounded Handle Facial Brush from the Body Shop about twice a week to really cleanse my skin.  It helps loosen dead skin cells and impurities to get a more radiant complexion.  As far as getting rid of blemishes, I don’t see that happening because I still break out here and there, but I do see that my blemishes are slowly diminishing and I don’t have major breakouts like before.  With skincare, it’s always trial and error.  And remember, what works for me, may not work for you.  

***UPDATE*** After 3 weeks, I stopped using the Tea Tree line because I wasn't seeing any improvement on my skin/blemishes.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I did try this line before, it was okay but it was not something that I thought I HAD to buy again.

Thanks for the review.:D

***** Marie ******
allthingsmarie.com