Monday, May 23, 2011

The Body Shop Skincare: Face Wash


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
How it works:
    • Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
    • Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
    • Menthol creates a cool fresh tingle that leaves skin feeling refreshed.
    • A non-aerosol pump transforms the liquid   
    • Price: $13
per www.bodyshop.com


My thoughts:
I’ve been using this product for a little over a month and I can honestly say that this product is great for my oily-acne prone skin.  At first, I wasn’t so sure about the foam-type cleanser because I thought that it wouldn’t really clean my face.  However, after washing my face with this product, my skin feels so clean, refreshed, and soft.  I also use the Rounded Handle Facial Brush from the Body Shop about twice a week to really cleanse my skin.  It helps loosen dead skin cells and impurities to get a more radiant complexion.  As far as getting rid of blemishes, I don’t see that happening because I still break out here and there, but I do see that my blemishes are slowly diminishing and I don’t have major breakouts like before.  With skincare, it’s always trial and error.  And remember, what works for me, may not work for you.  

***UPDATE*** After 3 weeks, I stopped using the Tea Tree line because I wasn't seeing any improvement on my skin/blemishes.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I did try this line before, it was okay but it was not something that I thought I HAD to buy again.

Thanks for the review.:D

***** Marie ******
allthingsmarie.com