About Me

My photo

Funny. Ambitious. Loving. Fixed in opinion and stubborn when confronted. Dreaming and planning for the future. Bookworm at heart.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MAC SUGAR SWEET COLLECTION

I seriously only went to MAC to purchase 2 things from the collection but as always I ended up getting more than I expected.   URGH!!!  However, I am happy with my purchase.  Here is what I got and my input on it....





Aquavert E/S :  This is a Veluxe Pearl and it is a minty green color with white pearl.  I don't have anything like this and I missed it from the last time it came out so I had to get it.  It's such a pretty color and great for spring and summer.  

Butternutty Shadestick: It is a frosty light nuetral beige color that is great to wear alone or as a base for shadows to pop.  I had Penny shadestick before and it dried up really bad but these have a smooth texture and feel like butter when applied!!  

Refined MSF: This is a tan/peach/coral color and it gives such a perfect glow to your cheeks and overall face.  It is velvety/soft and provides a frosty metallic finish but is does not contain that chunky glitter.  I absolutely love it!!!  I applied it all over my face and my skin looked really polished.  It's not like any MSF I have so def. check these out.

Peppermint Patti Nail Polish:  Minty cream green color....soooo pretty for the spring and summer.  Love it!!!  

Here are the swatches.... (from the top: Refined MSF, Aquavert e/s, Butternutty Shadestick)







Overall, I really liked the collection.  The colors are fun but many are repromotes.  I would recommend checking out the MSF's and shadesticks.  I didn't get any of the lippies because it didn't catch my eye.  I swatched a couple but wasn't "wow'd!"  I'm really not much of a lippie person either.  So if you have time, check out the collection before it sells out!  


No comments: